Get cozy with this cauliflower soup featuring our savory, smokey Campfire Sea Salt!
1½ pounds cauliflower
3 leeks, cleaned and trimmed
1 large onion chopped
3 medium shallots chopped
¼ medium apple or one carrot diced
2 tablespoons olive oil or fat of choice
1 quart chicken or vegetable broth
½ tablespoon curry powder
½ tablespoon campfire sea salt (or more to taste)
Freshly-ground black pepper
½ cup heavy cream (may be omitted)
1. In a pot sauté roughly chopped onion, shallot and leek until softened
2. Remove leaves from cauliflower, cut into uniform pieces and add to pot. Add broth and apple or carrot. Turn heat on high and bring to a boil for 3 min.
3. Simmer covered for 20 min. Add curry, pepper and salt to taste. Turn off stove and cool for 10 min.
4. Puree until smooth. Add cream and additional stock or water if too thick.
5. Gently heat. Serve immediately with a light garnish of Campfire Sea Salt water if too thick.